If we talk about the days of 1999 to 2006, websites was easily ranking on targeted competitive keywords on Google.com. But now a day’s most of the SEO professionals are unable to prepare the right strategy to promote the websites due to Google Algorithmic Updates.
From last two years, Google Guys have implemented lots of changes in the algorithm to provide the best results to the users. They analyze the Spam tricks that SEO professionals are using to promote the websites and they prepare the solution to get rid of those spam activities.
Now it’s necessary for SEO professionals to research and implement the new SEO strategy to get the websites rank well on Google Search Results. We know, it’s not as easy but it’s very important to research and to be updated with the new information and strategy.
As per our research, we have find out few very important points to get the improved search engine rankings. Below are the details:
- Content Effectiveness: We all know that content is the king in SEO process but usually we avoid posting effective content on our websites. Google is giving high value to the well written content. If you have very good content on your website and you are regularly posting new ideas and information on your site to help the users to get some solutions than definitely your site will get the preference from search engines like Google.
- There are lots of good content channels to promote the websites like hubpages, squidoo, Wikipedia and high PR forums. So, if you are writing effective and informative content to promote your website then you have to syndicate your content on high PR valuable sites. Syndicating the content on popular websites would help to improve the brand presence as well as referral traffic and search engines will also give attention to your website and brand.
- We have to create and implement few content sections in our site for regular content updates like Blog Section, News Section, Article Section and Knowledge Base Section etc. If you will regularly update the content in these sections on your website then your website’s caching and indexing will also improve. Search engine crawlers would re-cache your site everyday and your website would be considered as trusted site by Google. Hence you will get the good rankings and visibility on the search engines.
- Presence on Social Network: Social networks are now playing very effective roll in search engine rankings as well. If you have very good network in social sites like Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Myspace etc, than you can achieve very good presence on the web including search engines.
- You need to prepare good social network having valuable users in your network. You can share your news post, blog post or anything that can attract the users will surely help you out in getting the users interest and this will make your website popular on these Social Networks.
- Search Engines are giving high priority to instant results coming from social sites like twitter and facebook. So, tweet and share your content on social networking sites in ethical way and get the valuable referral traffic and search engines attention as well.
- Link Building/Reference Creation: Creating links for the website is still effective but only those links which you will get form the trusted sites. We have posted about effective link building process in our last post. You can go through the post “How to make your link building campaign Effective?” for the reference.
- Website Design and Navigation: The design of the website should be search engine as well as user friendly. Search Engine Friendly means, the website:
- Having important keywords in URLs
- Navigation should be css based
- Website content should have variations of keywords and should be in the range of search engine friendly keyword density
- Images in the website should have proper alt attribute
- Important keywords should be linked with inner relevant pages
- Avoid using js/widget/ajax/iframe
- You asp script for fetching Rss Feed
- 404 page should permanently redirect on the sitemap page or home page of the site
- Use the keywords tag cloud to describe the content of the site
- Domain should be top level domain
- Host the domain in targeted country
- Place your business address with Google Map in the footer of the site
- Use updated robots.txt file as per the requirement
- Get your site SSL certified to avoid any virus attack issue
- Site coding should be validated as per W3C guidelines
- Site shouldn’t have the canonical issue
- Use minimum images on the site or can create a single image and can call the images with the help of CSS coding in different part of the site.
- Web 2.0 features should be integration in the website
- Page URL’s should be static.
- Setup the internal blog on the site for regular content updates
If the navigation of your website would be user friendly then the bounce rate would surely decrees and you will get good exposure from search engines as well.
So if you will follow the above promotional activities, we are sure you would be able to achieve the high search engine rankings. The most important point is the regularity and updates. Your website should have content updates and should be user friendly. And avoid all the unethical practices to promote the website as it would get your website Penalized by Google!
Kindly let me know if you want to add something on the above information. I will review the provided information and will update in the post.
Latest posts by Dharam (see all)
- Link Building Services – What Works Best? - August 10, 2016
- Benefits of Switching from HTTP to HTTPS Sites - July 30, 2016
- Improve your company branding with Google Plus - July 15, 2016
- Google Algorithm Updates – How to Improve Rankings? - July 8, 2016
- How to Make Your Link Building Campaign Effective? - July 1, 2016